Friday, June 4, 2010

Overwhelming Barrage

We currently have a barrage of things going on at our house. Throughout end of April and all of May we had Janelle's sleepover (for her 12th Birthday), me going to Conference's for work and Wood Badge, Gracelynn's sleepover (for her 8th Birthday) - mixed in with doctor's visits and tests and school work and me working and walks and .... It seems like it's all a blur.

Well, now that we are into June I feel like it will probably never end. Here we go into the last two weeks of school, planning Summer Camps and visits with friends and more. Kids just don't ever stop growing - or going.....

So, is it normal for me as a Mom to feel unwanted and lonely? I do know that I am very busy with all this stuff right now. But when someone recently told me "We didn't ask 'cause we know how busy you are" I wanted to cry. Is that what people really think. That I am too busy to take time out for me?

1 comment:

  1. From a Mom's perspective... sometimes I feel that way too. And though it's hard to think that others may think that you're too busy - perhaps it's not that they think you couldn't do it; but that they didn't want to overwhelm you with one more thing that you may have been compelled to do. I say take time out for yourself anyway - only do it when you can, and don't worry when people think that you're too busy. I sometimes feel lonely too.

    ReplyDelete

READ, LEARN, GROW