Thursday, March 18, 2010

Family Updates: Feel free to print it out and pass it on.

I hate to hover over the fact that I don't think I have anything to write..... It is just plain old regular everyday life. Then again, I have to remember that my plain old regular life isn't anyone else's plain old regular life. And maybe it would be interesting to someone who might care. So, I decided to write a little about the past couple of weeks just like I used to write those family letters. Feel free to print it out and pass it on.

The kids are, as always, getting older and bigger. I came to a realization that they won't be around forever. No matter how much I think time will stay still...... 

Jordan has spent the last couple of weeks in and out of counselors, advisors, and etc.... Planning his next years (3 if it's up to him, for if the Mom has any say in it) of high school/college prep courses. 
I, being the Mom, am chauffeur.
He is planning on stuffing as many credits into his high school tenure as possible. In the course of planning, he has decided to drop band. I am a little sad about that, but when I heard of his plans and listened to his reasoning, I gave. {Yes, he had his dissertation all planned out before he talked to this Mom} He is applying for the scholarship funds to pay for summer term classes at our local junior college, and has his class load already planned out through the next five years. When I was "summoned" to our date to hear his "discussion" with me about what he planned, he said it would all work perfectly if only I "did not take a new job and MAKE him move"..... Scares me a little that my boy is growing up. Too old for my own good I guess. And yes, he knows EVERYTHING. 

Chauney is going forward with her plans in life to stay in sixth grade forever. We, as parents, have been told that none of her cloths stink, showers are only needed once in a while, and my favorite when she was assumed (a supposed rumor Janelle came home from school with) to be "going out" with a boy because she likes to talk to boys..... "If he said that I'll kick him to Kansas". (Made me feel MUCH better about the whole "boyfriend" subject.) Oh ya, kissing is "Disgustingly Groady"! 
Quite the athlete still, Chauney is known around school for winning contests in "Bull Pup" Assemblies (what we used to call Pep Rallies) and still renowned for beating the boys at their own games. Her recent injuries have become legendary - because even when she is hurt she still plays ball. She reminds me of her Uncle Landon in so many ways.... 

Janelle - Miss Priss - Queen of the Classroom - Cheerleader Extraordinare. Geno went to school today because Janelle was receiving a "Bull Pup" award for her reading and writing grades. This, was NOT COOL. Therefore, Geno stated that even though he was very proud of her accomplishments.... it was not a "good thing" that he had stopped by. 
Everything in Janelle's world needs to be her way - or - no way. This Mom, is waiting for this stage to pass...... if it ever will. 

Gracelynn is soon to be 8. She is also the Queen of the playground. How did I get two of these "popular" people?? I don't know how many people I told, so forgive me if this is a repeat for you. Gracelynn's last report card said she was a "wonderful student" and would "greatly benefit from learning if she would stop talking". It also stated that she "would not stop chatting no matter who she sat by". 
So, the end result and newest change is that her teacher, Ms. Ljokovic, called and said she was giving up, and that she was putting Grace and Rachael next to each other in class. When I asked her if she was sure, (Gracelynn and Rachael Fry have been Best Friends since Kindergarten) she stated that she was truly giving in, and that maybe if they sat next to each other they would at least stop chatting across the room! Perhaps next year the school will learn and Grace and Rachael Fry will be in separate classrooms? 
However, I have been told {by Gracelynn} that this would not matter, because they would just need to get those pushing talky things so they could talk in different places at school. 

All else is the same. I am down to volunteering only 4 of the 5 weeknights. Girl Scouts, Indian Education, and Writing are taking up most of my nights. The parenting group I was participating in facilitating ended this past Tuesday. (Relieved) I am replacing that with Cub Scouts. (Excited). Cookie season is ending too. This means it is time to start camping! Geno is not excited about any of my ventures. He wants me to stay home. I tried that. I was bored. 

Geno is still staying home and playing with the kids and the dogs and being a full time Dad. He is enjoying every minute of it. He works on the house as we come up with the cash... and he has picked up a couple of yard jobs, which is good for his psyche. 

All else is as normal as it can be with four kids and seven dogs and a family life schedule that every day compounds a little more. Let me know when the money tree is fruiting.....

3 comments:

  1. I tried planting the money tree.....it hasn't even given me an obligatory sprout. I think we are S.O.L. Not even Miracle Gro has helped it.

    I sometimes feel the same way. I go to blog and I think.....will anyone really even care who doesn't know the insanity and chaos in which I call life in istelf. Sometimes I feel like I am just being whiny...but that is my interpetation and others see it as differently, so I might just throw care out the window and do it anyway LOL
    So BLOG BLOG BLOG and every now and then...yell at me to do the same. I'm counting on you to keep me in line LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the update...thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mundane life makes mine look like something hiding under a rock. You are so busy and your kids are hilarious! I feel the same about everyone growing up so fast. I'm not going anywhere, what's their problem?

    ReplyDelete

READ, LEARN, GROW